Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

internet explorer 6 problems

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2006, 10:07 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default internet explorer 6 problems

Guys got an issue which is driving me mad..... can anyone tell me what would cause hang up on certain sites when trying to load,and not otheres? do some sites have differences in their make up that causes ie6 to have trouble loading them? specificly in my case ebay,yahoo homepage and sometimes this place....... other scooby sites load straight away as do most of the other ones i try apart from these ones....... and not all the time as yahoo as only just started to fail to load,i run windows xp service pack 2 on broadband.... always the same problem on either wireless connection or lan cable plugged in....... i know my connection speed is good as ive tested that but im pretty basic with these things and ive tried all the things i know...... if it was happening a=on all sites i frequentthen id guess it was a major problem with my server or laptop.... but its not just a couple of sites that fail to load,or take forever to do so on every page refresh...... any ideas??

martin
Old 21 December 2006, 02:25 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

no one can help?......
Old 21 December 2006, 02:31 PM
scoobyverysoon
.......*SMACS*...........

Location: Manchester - Official SMACS Cleaning Freak who suffers from OCD

Have you had a mess with the security settings
Old 21 December 2006, 04:47 PM
Jim_B
Scooby Regular

Might be worth an upgrade to IE 7 which is out now... Or use Firefox... see if that cures things.
Old 22 December 2006, 09:10 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Well i sorted it........ seems my wireless router is starting to play up,when the laptop is on wireless it lets most sites work as normal,only a select few like ebay and yahoo will not load,plug in the broadband lan cable and its exectly the same..... then realied the lan cable is coming from the router also as i have a link cable from the broadband modem to the router...... plug the lan cable straight from the laptop into the modem and bingo....... everything works..... so it seems the router is not transfering data fast enough even though connection speed is good on both wireless only and when on the lan connection (much faster)..... need to check the settngs on the router first as its never had a problem in the two years ive used it,not messed with anything for this to happen,and upgraded to ie7 yesterday after i sussed this out as i couldnt do it before as it kept hangimg on the windows validation set up

thanks