Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Backing up my IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2006, 11:55 AM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backing up my IPOD

Does anybody know of any FREE software for backing up a 30gig IPOD video ? I used to use EPHOD but for some reason it doesnt list all my songs. But it states in the download not suitable for ipod video. Help please
Old 30 November 2006, 01:24 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What OS are you using? I'm guessing it's a PC so it'll be Windows, probably XP. I'd recommend Anapod Explorer but it's not free ($30 for the universal edition).

For free solutions, hmm. It's been a while since I looked at an iPod on a PC, but I think they might well mount as a disk (you might want to enable disk mode in iTunes) at which point you may be able to browse the contents of the iPod, there should be an iPod_Control folder at the root of the iPod and inside there is a Music folder which contains all the music, so you could copy that over.
The one problem here is that it is NOT cataloged in clear way, folder names such as F00, F02, F10, etc... plus the names of the songs are unique and do not match the actual track they represent. I think the ID tags are intact within the file so if you were to import them into iTunes it may well pick up the correct track information.