Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another PS3 thread

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2006, 06:48 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another PS3 thread

i was quite lucky today to be able to play a few of the games on the PS3 and i was so underwhelmed by it.
I know that the first titles are obviously not going to show the ability of the machine but TBH Resistance:Fall Of Man was so bland,boring and unimaginative its a disgrace, NeedForSpeed Carbon was **** barely looked any better than the PS2 version admittedly COD3 was just as nice as the 360version.
Hopefully it will have better line up of games when the European launch comes.
Old 26 November 2006, 07:37 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine it'll never please all the people, some will worship and some see it for what it is
Old 26 November 2006, 08:30 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Swen6,

And others will make comment when they have never even seen the machine!
Old 26 November 2006, 08:42 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

myblackwrx,

Your opinion does seem to differ from many others dude. I think it it is really good (resistance)....... especially for a launch title.
Old 26 November 2006, 09:02 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
Swen6,

And if you pull your finger out of your bum and stop posting and get some photos up we'll see it

PS3 is all good for the games market even the Pee thing aswell. With out competition we have nothing
Old 26 November 2006, 09:23 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Swen6,

All because you have bought 1 doesn't mean its the only 1 in the Uk i have a local importer of video games and he has one avaliable to play on
I'm not saying the machine is crap just that the launch titles that i played seem bland (didn't have a go on Ridge Racer as i don't like the RR games).
Old 26 November 2006, 10:31 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Calm down I wasnt even referring to you...... especially as you said in your original post you had already played one!
Old 27 November 2006, 07:52 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Calm down I wasnt even referring to you...... especially as you said in your original post you had already played one!
My apologies it is sometimes quite hard to tell the jist of the reply (whether its a dig at a poster or meant for wider audience even if you use the emoticons).
Old 27 November 2006, 10:32 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

My Jap PS3 arrived last week, and within 24hrs I had sold it. Utterly underwhelmed by it.. a console is only as good as the games for it, which currently are sadly lacking.

If reviews are anything to go by, comparing like for like games, the PS3 is suffering from a poorer frame rate than the X360.

Maybe when the nextgen games come out the PS3 will forge ahead, but currently you're better off buying the X360 version of games, not only for better framerate but for the online community aspect which is superior.

Last edited by DavidBrown; 27 November 2006 at 10:35 AM.
Old 27 November 2006, 01:48 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by DavidBrown
My Jap PS3 arrived last week, and within 24hrs I had sold it. Utterly underwhelmed by it.. a console is only as good as the games for it, which currently are sadly lacking.

That seems a rather odd viewpoint as the console has a very limited number of titles at launch, and none over here!

So you were underwhelmed by a small number of first gen titles, so why not keep it until the next lot comes out?

The same can be said of virtually every new console release.

Geezer
Old 27 November 2006, 02:06 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
So you were underwhelmed by a small number of first gen titles, so why not keep it until the next lot comes out?

The same can be said of virtually every new console release.
There's no point having a expensive doorstop for 6 months, it made more sense to sell it while people are prepared to pay £800+ for one, and buy myself a new one when the console has some decent games and the machine prices are lower...

Other than to say you have the latest gizmo, why would you keep a console where the current crop of games are inferior to that on the X360 ?

I don't actually see the PS3 ever delivering games any better than the X360.. but I'm happy to be proven wrong..

I've got a couple of friends who work for gaming companies and they both say the PS3 maybe powerful, but it's a pig to program for (but that could be bishop)

Last edited by DavidBrown; 27 November 2006 at 02:10 PM.