Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nintendo Wii

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2006, 08:45 AM
chrisdavidson152
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nintendo Wii

I have pre-ordered myself a wii, it comes out on the 8th of Dec. Has anyone else on here pre-ordered one. I can't wait till then. Was disappointed when the PS3 was delayed so I'm getting this instead till then.

Chris...
Old 11 November 2006, 09:09 AM
miltski
Scooby Regular

i've got two on order, probably crap as all nintendo stuff is(xcept when the nes first came out! oh and james bond on n64 of course) it looks intersting should be fun on xmas day with the family and kids, ordered the monkey one, nintendo sport and zelda, with two remotes.
does anyone know if ds games are compatable?
i think as usual nintendo will suit the younger players, like under ten or something!
Old 12 November 2006, 08:06 PM
mattbeef
Scooby Regular

The Wii is all about inovation and as for the other stuff being crap...............think not does GameBoy mean anything to you the handheld console and thats even before anyone mentions the Mario series.

Anyway mine's on order and ive got the day off work so ill be caning RedSteel all day long
Old 12 November 2006, 09:42 PM
miltski
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattbeef
The Wii is all about inovation and as for the other stuff being crap...............think not does GameBoy mean anything to you the handheld console and thats even before anyone mentions the Mario series.

Anyway mine's on order and ive got the day off work so ill be caning RedSteel all day long
hey i'm not meaning to knock it, i've had evry nintendo console/handheld from the start, in fact i've bought my mum a ds for xmas (brain game), but it just seems that the nintendo appears to be for a child market, it doesn't seem as mature as the sony or microsoft examples, comparing the psx to nintendo64, one was supposed to be more powerfull etc but one just seemed better to look at and play, so i'm hoping for the best, but looking at screenshots it does look like a machine my kids can play with whilst i'm playing buzz with the family on ps2 or saints row or some driving game on the 360 with the brother inlaw on xmas afternoon, if ya get my drift?
Old 12 November 2006, 10:36 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I had a go on one today. The games seem pretty good fun and the controller is certainly different. I expect it would be a good choice for kids / families more than hardcore gamers
Old 13 November 2006, 10:26 AM
TimWRX01
Scooby Regular

I've got mine on pre-order. really looking forward to it.

Will still get a ps3 next year after they have been out for a couple of months and some decent game are out though.
Old 13 November 2006, 10:32 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Rumour has it it only comes with a composite cable, those with TV's dating from before 1967 should consider a cable upgrade.