Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BT e-mail problems here !

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2006, 10:50 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry BT e-mail problems here !

Going mad slowly with this set up

Firstly on Thursday evening I lost my e-mail completely, I use outlook express as a rule and when I switched on it could not sign in... the login password box appears and that's as far as it goes (normally I dont see that) when I cancel that I get this error message.....

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR maildrop unavailable.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

They were having serious issues but they say that all those are fixed but still no joy here at all. I can access my main account through bt yahoo but not my day to day one when I'm on the hompage I can't even access the help page as it will not go further than the password box ? I key it in click ok but nothing at all happens.

I've swiched my phone hub off and re-booted but that has not worked, infact it has made things worse... my hub phone is no longer reconised and I can't get that back either now.

I've spent ages on the phone last night and around the same tonight, somewhere abroad they hardly speak english... remote access on both occasions and they can't answer it... I'm not happy he said change your password and try again later I did it has not so I've changed it back

I've tried to access from work via homepage even that was no good, at least it proved it is not my pc.

when I try to access through the homepage this message comes up

Error #1: Temporary problem accessing your mailbox.

We recommend clicking the "Refresh" or "Reload" button on your browser's toolbar. If this doesn't correct the problem, re-login to your account. If the problem persists, click here to send us a report.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I've sent 2 reports... they must print them off and use them as toilet paper as nothing happens.

They told next time they will put me through to the Yahoo helpline....
Anyone out there got the number ?? I can't find it anywhere.
I'm not happy I want to talk to someone in this country.

Anyone else had anything like this happen ?

The only new thing I've done to the PC is have AVG Anti-Spy running but that's been on a month now.

Before anyone says look it's " tempory problem #1 " they can't even tell me what that is let along how to cure it.

Googled it came up with this just sent a report in to the yahoo link suggested on page 9...

Cannot access my Yahoo inbox to read messages :: freedomlist.com

What a nighmare

Had Bt for around 5 years now and never had a problem until Thursday

Any suggestions before I drive my boot into it please ?

Simon