Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

bladerunner?

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2006, 11:47 AM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bladerunner?

does anyone have the voice over version on dvd and could do me a copy bit cheeky i know but i have it on vhs but i have no vhs player now
thanks
Old 19 October 2006, 12:07 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

£10.99 you cheapskate!

Amazon.co.uk: Blade Runner (Remastered Directors Cut) [1982]: DVD: Harrison Ford,Rutger Hauer,Sean Young,Daryl Hannah
Old 19 October 2006, 12:11 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Thats cheap - It got deleted a while ago and all the copies on ebay were fetching £40+
Old 19 October 2006, 12:21 PM
farmerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Synopsis
It is 2019 and genetically made beings known as replicants exist as slaves and prostitutes in the off-planet colonies. Despite possessing such human traits as intelligence and virtual emotion, they are limited by a four-year life span which forces them to question their mortality. Four escaped replicants, led by Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer, THE HITCHER), arrive in Los Angeles to confront their designer, Eldon Tyrell (Joe Turkel). Hot on their trail is world-weary assassin--or 'blade runner'--Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford, INDIANA JONES), who has come out of retirement especially for this case. His objective is to hunt down and liquidate the four renegade androids before they have a chance to exact revenge on their cruel human oppressors. In the course of his search, Deckard becomes romantically entangled with Tyrell's lovely assistant Rachael (Sean Young)--who may not be all that she seems--and a dramatic face-off with Batty is inevitable. Director Ridley Scott's hauntingly prescient vision of the not-too-distant future is a stark revelation: a dark, polluted, overcrowded dystopia dominated by cloud-piercing buildings and looming neon billboards, the air dense with acid rain and flying traffic. Based on the novel DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP? by Philip K Dick, BLADE RUNNER boasts astonishingly rich art direction, juxtaposing ingenious technological gadgetry with yellowing photographs and fetishist objets d'art as it touches on questions of time, memory, identity, and mortality. Scott's 1992 director's cut edition contains notable alterations,INCLUDING THE ABSENSE OF FORD'S NARRATION, which significantly heightens the ambiguity of key moments in this stunning cinematic landmark.

INCLUDING THE ABSENSE OF FORD'S NARRATION I AM AFTER THE NARRATION ONE I DON'T THINK IT WAS EVER RELEASED ON DVD

Last edited by farmerwrx; 19 October 2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 19 October 2006, 12:41 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

There's a three disc edition coming out towards the end of the year apparantly.
Old 19 October 2006, 07:34 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by farmerwrx
INCLUDING THE ABSENSE OF FORD'S NARRATION I AM AFTER THE NARRATION ONE I DON'T THINK IT WAS EVER RELEASED ON DVD
I think you are right, it was never released on DVD. I have an old VHS copy of it (I think, or did have, it should be up in the loft)