Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Moving to rented house with Talk Talk

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2006, 08:26 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moving to rented house with Talk Talk

Moving to a rented house for at least six months in 2 weeks time. I am not allowed to change the phone provider. BT say it isn't a BT line. The owner says "the line rental is with BT but calls and internet are with Talk Talk". There is no number on the Talk Talk website to call them, but when I put in the phone number it shows there is a completed order.

Presumably the owner will cancel the service before they move so they don't keep paying the bills. Do I then need to sign up for 18 months with Talk Talk?

Telephone company that don't show a telephone number on their site LOL.

I have found some from google searches that I'll try tomorrow and wait in a queue again.
Old 04 October 2006, 09:13 PM
Old Farquar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try 0870 444 1820, then keep following the options. We've been with Talktalk for over a year now, no problems at all, and it saves us a fair bit over BT. £30 a month for all calls inc international, line rental & internet, which will be free when our local exchange is upgraded.
Old 05 October 2006, 12:08 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I telephoned and tried to follow the options to get... an Indian call centre. They were quite impatient but wouldn't help with any of my queries. They didn't want to speak to me because I wasn't the present account holder. They didn't want to sell me a package from 18th October on the line in question. They suggested I get the present owner to do it or wait until I move in and have no service. So they are trying to transfer their services to their new line, and then I don't know what I'm left with. Will it be a BT line or will it be disconnected?