Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PocketPC Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2006, 04:20 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PocketPC Problem

Seem to have screwed up my PDA slightly (HP iPAQ 2210) and wondered if anyone had come across the same problem or knows how to fix it.

Installed a Sega Megadrive emulator on it (MorphGear), had a bit of a play around, then plugged it back in to activesync it back to the PC and put a few more games on. Got "Communications Error: Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote networking could not start due to a critical error (Error 608). ........"

Have now removed the emulator, also the software for a SD WLAN card I recently added, soft reset it many times, rebooted my desktop PC, upgraded to the latest activesync version and still can't get it to work. Don't want to do a hard reset unless it's absolutely necessary as it's a pain putting all the software back on (TomTom etc.)

Any ideas

TIA

Graz

PS Megadrive emulator looked good, had a quick game of Sonic, hope that wasn't what broke it, though I suspect it is
Old 05 September 2006, 04:28 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I didnt break it
Old 05 September 2006, 04:40 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Sonic*
I didnt break it
Are you sure

Old 05 September 2006, 04:57 PM
scooby_me
Scooby Regular

use activsync to do a full backup of the device (do a secondry backup of critical docs/important stuff)...

and do a hard reset.

at the end of the day that way you can rule out any problems ppc side. if it still dont work the we can go and have a look at the pc side of things!

Darren
Old 05 September 2006, 05:10 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by scooby_me
use activsync to do a full backup of the device (do a secondry backup of critical docs/important stuff)...
I can't do that! The main problem is that I can't activesync with it in its current state.

and do a hard reset.
Last resort as far as I'm concerned. If it's absolutely necessary I can save everything onto a memory card so wouldn't need to lose anything.

at the end of the day that way you can rule out any problems ppc side. if it still dont work the we can go and have a look at the pc side of things!
Fairly certain the problem is in the PocketPC, was fine until I installed some new software on it, the stopped working. Tried removing the offending software but it seems to make no difference.

Thanks for the advice but I really don't want to hard reset it yet.
Old 05 September 2006, 09:25 PM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

I have a HX4700, i'd be happy to put the emulator on mine and have a go. I run TOMTOM 5 and POI and it's a doddle to put back on, so I'm not too fussed

Mark