Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone Got the new BT Home Hub Yet!

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2006, 10:49 PM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone Got the new BT Home Hub Yet!

May have allready been a thread for this!
But has anyone got the BT Home hub yet
If so, what do you think?

Cheers warren
Old 02 August 2006, 01:30 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep got one.

Takes some setting up after the basic BT "throw everything into the install" procedure.

Bleeding encryption is set to WEP, and I'm buggered if I can find where to turn DHCP off.

You need to ue your noggin to get into the advanced settings to increase the security, but if you know wireless routers you'll be fine.

For a home user with no clue what to do it's really pretty good (with the proviso of the envryption noted above) as there is really no setup required - just answer YES to everything!

I've spent a while clearing out all the crap it installs on top of the basics but now that I have it's not bad.
Old 02 August 2006, 08:13 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the option 3. Everything working ok so far, no probs. Speed changes over 1st 10 days (by design, it's looking for best setup) then supposed to settle to optimum speed.

I'd recommend turning off the bt software that manages the wireless facility on your pc/laptop and let windows manage that instead.

Surprisingly, the btyahoo browser seems ok but will reserve judgement and will prob stay using firefox.

Norton AV/firewall included in package (not option 1) as well as hub having some security built in. However, you do have to download norton and it's not that clear in the installation.

You can uninstall (or not install in the 1st place) all the bt stuff though and just connect pcs/laptops in the usual manner.

Waiting to find out about the BT Vision product - TV recorder, all linked to hub etc.