Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

savastore .com?

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2006, 11:42 AM
pfd
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savastore .com?

thinking of buying a laptop from savstore.com has anyone bought from there and what are your opinions?
any help would be appreciated.
thanx
Old 30 July 2006, 12:15 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

I tried buying a IPOD mini in pink (for my wife) two Christmas's ago. It was getting close to the day so I paid extra (quite a bit extra) for guaranteed next day delivery. It never turned up. I had luckily found one somewhere else and it later transpired they hadn't even sent it despite promising to do so and charging me for doing so.

I sent quite a few $hitty emails and eventually got the cost of the ipod refunded but not the postage (it was never sent anyway).

Really crappy customer service, don't respond to emails etc. Would advise against! I get my lappy bits now from technoworld.com - excellent customer service by comparison!

R
Old 30 July 2006, 12:27 PM
pfd
Scooby Regular

just tried to visit their website but its down so thats not a good sign, thanx for the reply i will look elsewhere.
Old 30 July 2006, 12:47 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

I have bought a good few things from them over the last 10 years as they are local to where I live (cheaper than PC world). Not sure I would buy something as expensive as a laptop from them as their customer service is not the best.
Old 30 July 2006, 01:03 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Have bought a few things off them over the last few years and have never had any problems. Their website is up and running OK at the moment.
Old 30 July 2006, 02:57 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Whatever you do if you go in person do NOT go on a Saturday unless you can afford to give the whole day up, they get very very busy and you can wait hours to get served !

savastore is Watford electronics and have to agree their customer servide is pants and they tell you sometimes something is in stock you turn up to purchase and are told they have none !