Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Netware 6.5 Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 20 July 2006, 08:41 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Netware 6.5 Help needed

Here's one for any Netware people out there.

I have an AFP (Apple File Protocol) volume, and I've had a piece of software install files to this volume.

For some odd reason the novell server has decided to mark all the items, files and folders, as "Hidden" and "System". This is obviously not the expected behaviour.

I can manually go in and change the options, but it only effects the object I'm working on, I cannot seem to copy these changes throughout the folder structure.

Is there a command or option in iManager to allow me to propagate permissions/rights throughout a folder structure? Some of the items installed to the share are frameworks and contain nested folders and files, so doing this on an individual basis simply is not acceptable.

I know on Windows you would go into the advanced security settings and use the lower of the two options to propagate the permissions, and on OS X Server you'd use the "Propagate Permissions" option, and in linux I'd probably just use chmod -R something.

Thanks in advance.