Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Pleasantly surprised at PC World Business

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2006, 10:03 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pleasantly surprised at PC World Business

Bought a bunch of stuff from PC World Business on Friday including a PC and a printer.

I pushed for a discount however did not get much joy...

...however when he totted up the price it was a lot less than the store prices.

The printer was £129 on the shelf and it was £75 to a 'business' customer. The ink cartridges were half price as well!!

I never realised but for peripherals and consumables they have a completely different price list which is FAR cheaper than the shelf prices, up to 50% off.

They don't discount PCs however I have not found cheaper prices anywhere on the web. From memory they did not need any proof of trading merely a company name and address.

Rannoch
Old 25 June 2006, 01:58 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Bought a bunch of stuff from PC World Business on Friday including a PC and a printer.

I pushed for a discount however did not get much joy...

...however when he totted up the price it was a lot less than the store prices.

The printer was £129 on the shelf and it was £75 to a 'business' customer. The ink cartridges were half price as well!!

I never realised but for peripherals and consumables they have a completely different price list which is FAR cheaper than the shelf prices, up to 50% off.

They don't discount PCs however I have not found cheaper prices anywhere on the web. From memory they did not need any proof of trading merely a company name and address.

Rannoch
But did the prices include V.A.T ? As PC World Business will only give you the price of equipment excluding V.A.T which may make it sound cheaper.