Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Tomtom 5 speed cam updates ??

Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2006, 10:43 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tomtom 5 speed cam updates ??

Notice on the pocketgps website that the speed within the speed camera updates there are three different files available :

1/ uk speed cam - consolidated by type - gatso - mobile, etc

2/ single file - all cameras

3/ speed zoned complete

bit confused what the actual difference is between these three files ??

anyone enlighten me ??!!
Old 31 May 2006, 12:38 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

1) Is all the cameras seperated by type

2) Just a big file of all the cameras not identified by type

3) Each camera has a speed zone associated with it, so when approaching the camera, it flashes the limit on the screen, and can be associated with custom POI sounds to actually speak the limit too.
Old 31 May 2006, 07:19 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ian Cook
1) Is all the cameras seperated by type

2) Just a big file of all the cameras not identified by type

3) Each camera has a speed zone associated with it, so when approaching the camera, it flashes the limit on the screen, and can be associated with custom POI sounds to actually speak the limit too.
Okay mate thanks understand a bit better now !! you reckon these three files will all work with TOMTOM 5 installed on a PDA ?? if so would obviously chose the 3 rd file with its speed zones, actual speed limit warning etc.
Old 31 May 2006, 08:30 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

They should work with all Tomtom devices, as they are only POI's i always use the speed zoned ones, personally the other 2 seem a little pointless when you have a speed limit reminder as well !

Alll you have to do is copy the speed zoned bits into the map folder on the tom tom, dont put sub folders in, and then go into manage poi, and just enable them and set warnings on them, i dont normally set warn if on route only as sometimes it misses one if the location is a little off the road you are on.
Old 31 May 2006, 09:12 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

They should work with all Tomtom devices, as they are only POI's i always use the speed zoned ones, personally the other 2 seem a little pointless when you have a speed limit reminder as well !

Alll you have to do is copy the speed zoned bits into the map folder on the tom tom, dont put sub folders in, and then go into manage poi, and just enable them and set warnings on them, i dont normally set warn if on route only as sometimes it misses one if the location is a little off the road you are on.
Thanks again for your reply mate, couple off further questions for you if you dont mind ??

RE. speed zoned speed camera settings ?? - what is actually required to set up these files once installed ?? does each speed zone ie 20-30-40 - 50 etc mph have to be set seperately ?? if this is the case how do I do this ??

normally just use grouped files for each type off camera ie. no speed limit indications, but like the sound off this particular speed limit warning.

any further advice would be appreciatted as slightly confused !!!
Old 01 June 2006, 07:13 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

BTTT ??!!
Old 02 June 2006, 04:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Anyone offer any assistance with the set up off these speed zoned camera files ??

Trending Topics

Old 03 June 2006, 06:14 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Sorry have been away om my hols !

Yes set them up seperately in the poi settings. Think its change prefs, manage POI, then activate them (once you add them to the right folder they will just appear as an option)

Sorry bit short have just driven for 5 hours in the uncommon heat of England ! lol if i get chance ill sort some more detailed distractions out later !
Old 04 June 2006, 12:06 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Sorry have been away om my hols !

Yes set them up seperately in the poi settings. Think its change prefs, manage POI, then activate them (once you add them to the right folder they will just appear as an option)

Sorry bit short have just driven for 5 hours in the uncommon heat of England ! lol if i get chance ill sort some more detailed distractions out later !
Thanks mate apprecaitte the reply, will drop you a pm with my email addy and if you get the chance you can do me a more detailed run down when you get the chance.

thanks again,
john