Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Mr F's 'Nautilus' customized Lian Li PC-777 barebones chassis for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2006, 10:12 AM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Mr F's 'Nautilus' customized Lian Li PC-777 barebones chassis for sale

Hey guys. I thought it was about time that I tidied up the living room and since I am about to buy a very expensive new toy in the next few days I thought that I should put this up for sale. I can't use it as a Media Center chassis due to lack of space in the living room by the AV stuff and already having a perfectly good media chassis already. I missed my uber overclocking so much so stopped using this chassis after about 2 weeks of building it if that and went back to the old beast again. This case cools VERY well and very quietly as well as being elegant to boot, but was just too tame for me.

Anyway, This is a 3 month old Lian Li PC777B 25th anniversary model chassis, the 'Marmite' one lol. http://www.lian-li.com/Product/Chass...M_M_PC-777.htm . I myself loved it, so much that I have made the following modifications to the chassis:

Fitted 2 BRAND NEW Akasa Amber 120MM 'silent' fans

Fitted a BRAND NEW huge Alphacool 240x128 LCD Panel after getting it anodised black to match the chassis. Uses usb cable provided and included an external to internal adapter cable. Ignore the colour diff in the pics, the display has a richer anodizing than the case!

Modded the chassis with custom wired extensive BRAND NEW cathode lighting, all controlled by a simple attractive switch fitted at the back of the case. One spare double cathode power unit also in there, wired in but unused.

Fitted in a BRAND NEW Enermax Liberty 620W PSU, with cabling pre-fitted to power 4SATA HD's. By pre-fitted, I mean pretty well glued in with a hot glue gun, so 90% of the cabling can be pulled out fairly easily and refitted if so needed. The Main ATX Power cable/P4 connector are fitted in ideally for plugging into boards like the Asus A8N/A8N32 series boards without needing to move a cable, but again, easily re-arrangeable if the buyer wants .

Matching black floppy drive already fitted

All blanking plates/screws included and the Case box/PSU box/extra cables/user manual.

Pics of the chassis when I finished the original PC build can be seen here:

http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...ay06/nautilus/

Pics of exactly what you will get are here, cables in there etc:

http://www.ftaclan.net/clanftp/nick/...lus/barebones/

Prices of these bits when bought new:

case - £210
PSU - £110
Display - £70
Anodising - £20
Lighting - £25
Floppy - £5
Wiring of the mutiple light units through just one switch and power connector - Priceless . Took HOURS AND HOURS............

Obviously no delivery charges on those bits either.

I will sell the chassis bundle for £330 INCLUDING DELIVERY. not really interested in haggling tbh as it is a beautiful chassis in great condition which with the already prefitted bits looks brilliant when complete. You can have a pimped out customized rig with almost zero effort!! Will easily find another use for it as you do if I don't sell, but I just don't need it atm and want to put the money to use . Payment by Bank Transfer please, no Gaypal on this one guys.

Cheers,

Nick

P.S:

Ph33r m3h

Yes I know that I have posted this in the PC section, but my god the general classiifieds area is bonkers! Worth a try before it gets moved
Old 08 May 2006, 11:16 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

That is a mental looking case... another one of your masterpieces eh Nick!

Good luck with the sale.
Old 08 May 2006, 11:32 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Seen these on scan a while back - cracking case