Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

psx 2 swap magic - non colour ??

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2006, 08:53 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default psx 2 swap magic - non colour ??

Having used swap magic 3.3 with a number off games without any probs foir some time now was surprised to find that my latest game " Tourist Trophy " is playing okay apart from the fact that the picture is in black and white.

semm to remember reading about this before on the net ?? is there a way around this problem with swap magic ??
Old 24 April 2006, 10:55 PM
bigman
Scooby Regular

Usually if it is playing black and white, it is because it is an NTSC import game that runs at 60hz (i.e american copy).

You need to make sure your tv supports 60hz NTSC mode (if it doesnt you will only ever get black and white)

If it doesnt then change the mode in Swap Magic to PAL before you load the program, this should force the game to work in pal mode which will be in colour.

If you leave swap magic in auto mode it will simply default to ntsc. I have swap magic 3.6, so I am assuming it works the same way.

Cheers.
Old 24 April 2006, 11:00 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigman
Usually if it is playing black and white, it is because it is an NTSC import game that runs at 60hz (i.e american copy).

You need to make sure your tv supports 60hz NTSC mode (if it doesnt you will only ever get black and white)

If it doesnt then change the mode in Swap Magic to PAL before you load the program, this should force the game to work in pal mode which will be in colour.

If you leave swap magic in auto mode it will simply default to ntsc. I have swap magic 3.6, so I am assuming it works the same way.

Cheers.

Great stuff mate, appreciatte the info.

john