Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Benchmarking.

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2006, 10:22 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benchmarking.

I've got some new memory to put into my laptop and would like to see what benefits it's going to give me by doing a before & after benchmark.

I've got SiSoft Sandra on a magazine cover CD but is there anything better out there to use?

I'm running XP Pro SP2 and the Lappy is a Dell Inspiron with a P4 1.8Ghz CPU and currently has 512MB ram made of 2x 256 DIMMS - one of which will be getting replaced by a 512MB DIMM so the total will b jumping up to 768MB.

The laptop will take 1gb of RAM but I'm just trying to figure out if its worth it.
Old 14 April 2006, 12:00 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah
I've got some new memory to put into my laptop and would like to see what benefits it's going to give me by doing a before & after benchmark.

I've got SiSoft Sandra on a magazine cover CD but is there anything better out there to use?

I'm running XP Pro SP2 and the Lappy is a Dell Inspiron with a P4 1.8Ghz CPU and currently has 512MB ram made of 2x 256 DIMMS - one of which will be getting replaced by a 512MB DIMM so the total will b jumping up to 768MB.

The laptop will take 1gb of RAM but I'm just trying to figure out if its worth it.
Have look on www.download.com usually some nice piece of benchmarking software to be had. Either that or someone on here should be able to advise you.
Old 14 April 2006, 01:13 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Have you got Photoshop?
If so, convert a large picture using a complex filter and time the results.