Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

windows frikking updates

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2006, 04:45 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry windows frikking updates

what sort of bloody pandoras box have i opened here?
recently got broadband so i thought what the heck, i'll download all those updates that it said would take about a day to download on dial up.

previous to doing this computer was fine, really enjoying the speed of broadband and windows popped up straight away. now this cocking update ****e has turned my computer into a snail, viewing windows take dial up time to appear and every day there's new updates to download

guy at work chuckled when i told him i'd got service pack2 on the computer and said i'd be bloody bombarded with updates, sure enough he's right.

wouldn't mind if i could say all the 'vital issues' downloads have made a good difference but they've made NO ******* positive improvement.

sorry to rant, but i've got the hump today anyway. can i just remove this crap via the control panel add/remove programms? seems to labelled up as 'microsoft window XP pro with front page' and 'service pack2' and 'windows installer 3.1', is there anything else i should get shot of?

not bothered about their firewall or other stuff as i've already got it, so no advantage there.

ta
Old 30 March 2006, 05:39 PM
ChrisB

You can get Office XP Pro with Frontpage but not Windows XP.

I'd leave Service Pack 2 for Windows XP installed, along with Windows Installer 3.1
Old 30 March 2006, 06:43 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ChrisB
You can get Office XP Pro with Frontpage but not Windows XP.

I'd leave Service Pack 2 for Windows XP installed, along with Windows Installer 3.1
sorry, you're right. microsoft office XP pro with frontpage.

now it's downloaded service pack 3 but can't install it because i don't have a disk and it's popping up all the time to tell me to get it done

so i've turned it off and it's telling me i'm a bad boy and let them run the show.

super fun
Old 31 March 2006, 08:38 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
but can't install it because i don't have a disk
You don't have the original install disc? If it was installed by your IT department, they should have the discs available...