Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Burning an mp3 cd in Nero.....help :-(

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2006, 07:08 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning an mp3 cd in Nero.....help :-(

My brother just bought a nice mp3 head unit for his car, and we set about making him a cd. Only we have run into some problems.

When making a normal audio cd I can rearrange the tracks in any order I want. But making an mp3 cd, it will not let me change the order. The only thing you can do is arrange them alphabetically or by file size etc. Burning the cd is fine and it works. But with up to nearly 200 tracks on one disc you need to arrange them in some sort of genre order.

So next we tried renaming the files in nero. Just adding a number in front of them etc. However, the disc wouldnt play in the head unit. Stuck it back in the pc, and there are files on it but unrecognised format. Double click, open with media player, hey presto it plays. But cant do that on the head unit....

So I'm rather annoyed. How comes I can change the order in an audio cd, but not an mp3 cd?

BTW I have nero version 6. Have I got some of its components missing or something? I only just downloaded all the new updates so I could burn dvds.

One thing that worries me, is when you click on the nero button, it says YOU ARE USING NERO EXPRESS OEM, THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE NERO BURNING ROM. What is that????

Please help if you can
Steve
Old 22 March 2006, 07:38 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

If you want to arrange them by genre, then you just put them into subfolders for each genre, then subfolders within those for any other splits you want.

An MP3 disc is basically just a data disc, so you can't actually order the files except by filename. Its down to what you read it on that will determine the actual order. Changing the order in Nero will have no effect on the file structure.
Old 22 March 2006, 07:53 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, so i just need to create folders............

ok, thanks mate, I will try that
Old 22 March 2006, 08:05 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

No worries Its a bit odd when you're used to burning audio CD's.