Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

TomTom 5 on nokia 6630 phone ??

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2006, 08:50 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TomTom 5 on nokia 6630 phone ??

Help, having ran TT5 on my nokia 6630 for a good while now and been extemely pleased with the results and now finding I have the following problems and just wonder if anyone can help me out ??

after using the phone I put the phone on charge switched it back on once charged and found that when I tried to run TT5 it would just show no maps found and direct me to the official TOMTOM website.

took the card out off the phone and re-formatted the card on the pc with the view off reinstalling the TT5 software, on loading TT 5 programme onto memory card it showed no TT related icons when placed on phone . checked card contents on pc and it showed 143 MB off TT files.

I then tried formatting the memory card on the actual phone and loading the TT files onto it, when the memory card was placed into phone the TT and TT contacts, icons appeared in the phone menu, when attempting to open the TT programme nothing happens, a check off the memory card in the phone shows all files present.

I know for certain that the TT software on disc is a full working copy so just cant understand why the above probs exist ??

anyone think off anything that may be causing this problem ??

What now ?????
Old 13 February 2006, 07:47 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure the SYSTEM folder is at the top level on the phone, it is normally a hidden folder and does not get copied if you copy/paste files. It is better to drag'n'drop them on to the memory card.