Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Microsoft Exams

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2006, 05:21 PM
markys2
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microsoft Exams

Whats the easy way to pass MCP's I have Server 2003 and XP but I am looking to do more, pased those two on a boot camp week, want to do it on the cheap this time.
Old 07 February 2006, 05:57 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markys2
Whats the easy way to pass MCP's I have Server 2003 and XP but I am looking to do more, pased those two on a boot camp week, want to do it on the cheap this time.
The "easy" way is the reason there are so many useless MCSE's in the marketplace already... Boot camps are great if you want to learn how to pass the exam. If you want to really learn your subject however, there really isn't any substitute for good old experience and hard work...

Apologies if this sounds a little harsh - all my humble opinion of course but it is a bit of a bugbear of mine
Old 10 February 2006, 12:13 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Agree with Kelvin,

One of my customers has a techie (I use that term very loosely!) who has MSCE's in Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 but they still employ my services on a retainer because he knows nothing about Active directory, DNS or WINS

Its a bugbare of mine as well that employers always go for the most qualified person irrespective of whether they know the subject or not. A piece of paper which says your an expert does not make you an expert!

If you want the MSCE then there are plenty of books out there which explain the subject have trial versions of the software and offer example questions from the exam. I have also seen websites out there which have all the Q & A to the MSCE exams for you to download and read!

Mike

ps sorry to sound like i'm whinging, but I am
Old 10 February 2006, 12:57 AM
unfeasablylargegonads
Scooby Regular

A friend went to india and took boot camps there (taught in english), less than 1/2 the price and a bit of an experence
Old 10 February 2006, 01:59 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

im in the middle of doing them now, not for me, just for work as we are a gold partner ! My VMWare certification is worth loads more to me than MCSE, specially as at last count there were only 120 in the UK !