Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Pda-Sat Nav help required.

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2006, 05:52 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Pda-Sat Nav help required.

I have a Toshiba E750 Pda that has lost it's installed Sat Nav but I have now got TT5 loaded on it and it has a flash card receiver... that's where I am having my problems it has worked as a package in the past (with TT3 I believe) but after having battery problems the Pda lost all it's settings I'm having difficulty getting the Flash Card Receiver to be reconised in the flash socket.

I was going to buy an external antenna but as yet I've drawn a blank in finding one that I can actually get a "Y" connector cable to fit in my Pda,
Now that sounds daft I know but I have drawn a blank and I've decided to take a step back and see if I can get the flash card one working again.

When I plug the receiver in I get this message on the screen....

Unreconised Card

Enter the name of the device driver for this card.
For information, see the card manufacturers documentation.

Then in the box it says...

Uknown card in socket 1

I don't have paperwork with the receiver but I do have a disc and I have tried that but no luck, also I've been on the homepage for it and it has the same info as on the disc so that feels like a dead end to.

A friend had a Packard Pda running TT5 and when we plugged the receiver in that the Pda reconised it immediatly and he has never run a flash type before his antenna is on the dash board in the car.

The name of the receiver is FAC CF-30LP GPS Receiver Card

http://www.tfac.com.tw/

Can anyone give me a few pointers I feel like I'm going in a circle here at the moment

Am I missing a driver here ? or it it simly a case of knowing what to key in the box in order for it to be reconised ??

Regards
Simon
Old 31 January 2006, 09:32 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

23 views and no ideas yet
Old 31 January 2006, 11:49 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daft idea Si but have you tried giving the PDA a reset? Worked with my Sony when it played up after letting the battery go dead for months.

Lost all the data though.
Old 31 January 2006, 11:55 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Try firing up TTN5, insert the card, go into preferences, ,show gps status,configure. choose other nmea cable device, baud speed 9600 and then try choosing com 1 or one of the other port settings there.
Old 31 January 2006, 11:57 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Failing that, try here http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.p...=viewforum&f=6
Old 01 February 2006, 01:39 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Uninstall the flash card then reinstall

I had this with mine

Lost all settings when the battery died but retains "something"

I'm sure that will sort
Old 01 February 2006, 06:47 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Ah excellent some good points there....

Daft idea Si but have you tried giving the PDA a reset? Worked with my Sony when it played up after letting the battery go dead for months.
Si I have tried that a couple of times after the unit got in such a knot with fiddling with settings but it did not have any effect on this part of it.

Try firing up TTN5, insert the card, go into preferences, ,show gps status,configure. choose other nmea cable device, baud speed 9600 and then try choosing com 1 or one of the other port settings there.
Thanks Robocop I have looked at quite a few different settings and plugging it in while in TT mode but I will look into this again just to double check.
Good link to I'll have a read on there.

Uninstall the flash card then reinstall
I had this with mine
Lost all settings when the battery died but retains "something"
I'm sure that will sort
Phil thats about where I am at in my mind it feels like I'm missing some software... I'll try this first before re checking through the ideas.

The only thing I'm unsure about is where do I find the software for the flash card to install it ? I'm very new to the world of Pda's but this hitch is making me learn all about it very quickly will this be in a folder on the Pda or will I have to find it on line then drop it on via Active-Sync ?

Thanks Gents

Simon
Old 01 February 2006, 08:47 AM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Right small update on the flash card.... one of the lads brought a card into work this morning and we dropped a couple of music tracks on it, when we plugged it in it reconised it immediatly and we were able to play the tracks off there

Then we put the receiver in but still no joy, would that confirm the drivers are implace ok for the flash card ? I may get a hold of an earlier version of TT and try that just in case there is a compatability problem going on here.

I will win in the end I'm not giving up yet
Old 03 February 2006, 07:16 PM
Silver Scooby Sport
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Robocop
This may sound very lame but how do I change the comm setting ?? when TT is on and I am in the configure screen I can't see how it gives me an option..
or is it on the pda somewhere away from TT ??
I've been looking through a lot of things on it ( Thanks Phil ) I've now discovered that there is no specific driver for the flash receiver the pda is supposed to pick it straight up but I am showing Com 3 and I want to change it to Com 1.... I'm hoping that is the problem.

I've got a headache

At this rate there will be a pda for sale soon !!!

Last edited by Silver Scooby Sport; 03 February 2006 at 07:21 PM.