Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Creative Zen and Downloaded WMAs

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2005, 07:48 AM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Zen and Downloaded WMAs

My wife was given a 40Gb Zen for her Christmas and proceeded to download some songs (in WMA format) from Tesco.
Attempting to use the supplied Zen s/w seemed to give problems which were only got round by using Windows Media : a friend that has the same device suggested using this - start playing each song with this app and it searches out the licence.
As soon as that occurs you can stop the track playing and it will successfully allow transfer and then playing on the Zen. This seems a right kerfuffle.
Is there not a nice simple, method or is it all complicated by the copyright protection stuff ?
One of the pieces of s/w supplied seemed (to my brief read of it) to essentially allow the use of a Windows Explorer interface and hence dragging and dropping of the files from the PC to Zen but our attampts at using this had zilch luck.
Old 01 January 2006, 12:42 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Have you tried Ashampoo MP3 studio?Can be downloaded on a 30 day trial from here:
http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/pro...&idstring=0101
Old 01 January 2006, 11:37 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

Might try that : really I thought that we could download (legally) a load of tracks and then transfer them all straight across to the Zen, or even download onto the player without them going to HD and perform some conversion process or similar first of all - although the danger with that would be that you might lose or wipe them off the Zen and then have to d/l them again from the source.
Old 02 January 2006, 09:20 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

go to http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/

this is a cracking piece of software for your nomad. pretty fast too.

cheers

sinky
Old 02 January 2006, 01:54 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a Russian site called allofmp3.com. You can download albums for about £1 each with no DRM rubbish. Under Russian law it is legal & has been proven several times in court.
Old 03 January 2006, 01:58 PM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

Bit late coming in to this so you may have already solved your problem.

With songs bought on-line from Tesco (and the main music sites) they are protected by DRM. You will have to 'sync' them with your Zen player.

I'm not sure you can do it with the Creative software (least I couldn't work it out) but you can definitely do it with WMP.

Once you open WMP, there is a tab called Sync. WMP should pick up the player if it's plugged in. Just select the tracks you want to transfer in the left window and then click on 'Start sync.'

Once this is completed your DRM files should play OK.