Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Special Reserve Gone Bust

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2005, 08:58 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Reserve Gone Bust

Geez didnt expect that. Have bought quite a few games from them in the past. Just went to their website and saw:

Special Reserve is now closed.

We are sorry to announce that Inter-Mediates Ltd. (t/a Special Reserve) has now ceased trading. Over recent months, Inter-Mediates Ltd. has undergone restructuring, under new ownership, in an attempt to return the business to profitabilty. However, Inter-Mediates Ltd. was unable to secure the necessary investment to complete this restructure.

We would like to thank our loyal customers for their support over the years and apologise for any inconvenience caused by the closure.

Goodbye, and best wishes.

Simon.
Old 20 November 2005, 10:57 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I feel sorry for people who had xbox 360s ordered with them. I've heard that they took full payment up front, and now those people have not only lost their place in the pre-order queue, but they stand little chance of getting their money back either...
Old 20 November 2005, 04:40 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
I feel sorry for people who had xbox 360s ordered with them. I've heard that they took full payment up front, and now those people have not only lost their place in the pre-order queue, but they stand little chance of getting their money back either...
Shame they closed, used to get my Amiga bits from them, but, i maybe wrong, i think they were taking the pee asking for near on full money for pre-orders, surely the closure must have been on the cards for a few months, i mean, a big company like that wouldn't close just out of the blue, like it says they were trying to reverse the business to a money making business again, so it seems they've been taking money for orders they wouldn't fufill?

Mark
Old 21 November 2005, 08:52 AM
ChrisB

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Did they accept credit card? If so, people should be able to get the money back from their card company.
Old 21 November 2005, 10:52 AM
Pumpkin
Scooby Senior

Their shop in Norwich closed a few weeks ago. Had been open 18 months.