Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

paypal site probs ??

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2005, 09:45 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paypal site probs ??

Anyone help me with the following ??

have been trying to log onto the paypal website for the last few night but keep getting the message " page unavailable " have asked around the net but seems there are infact no probs within the site and the page should be available for viewing - help ???!!!

have recently had to un/re-install everything on my pc and come to think off it have not actually had reason to have visited the paypal site till now so not 100 % sure if the problem has just occured ?? was fine before having had to re- installing everything back on pc, is there anything in my settings that I may have not restored that will not allow me to view the site ??

using w98, have checked my security settings and I have ssl 2.0 / ssl 3.0 / tls 1.0 / pct 1.0 all checked is there anything else that maybe needs to be checked that I may have missed with paypal being a secure site ?? in saying that it is only secure when it changes to where you input your personal info is it not ??

not running any firewall at the moment so its not that either ??

interesting all other webpages are comming up fine its just this paypal one ??
confused !!

anyone ???
Old 15 October 2005, 09:54 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Anyone help me with the following ??

have been trying to log onto the paypal website for the last few night but keep getting the message " page unavailable " have asked around the net but seems there are infact no probs within the site and the page should be available for viewing - help ???!!!

have recently had to un/re-install everything on my pc and come to think off it have not actually had reason to have visited the paypal site till now so not 100 % sure if the problem has just occured ?? was fine before having had to re- installing everything back on pc, is there anything in my settings that I may have not restored that will not allow me to view the site ??

using w98, have checked my security settings and I have ssl 2.0 / ssl 3.0 / tls 1.0 / pct 1.0 all checked is there anything else that maybe needs to be checked that I may have missed with paypal being a secure site ?? in saying that it is only secure when it changes to where you input your personal info is it not ??

not running any firewall at the moment so its not that either ??

interesting all other webpages are comming up fine its just this paypal one ??
confused !!

anyone ???
Okay have been into my settings again and lowered my secuity settings and now when I click on the paypal site I still get the page unavailable message but now get the message " you are about to view pages over a secure connection " just like you would get when you visit paypal, click on okay but will just stay on this page unavailable ??

anyone know the answer ??
Old 15 October 2005, 10:28 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Just d/loaded Mozilla firefox browser and it hascured the problem !!

please tell me thre are now known probs with this browser compared to my old ie5 ??!!