Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

G3 and OS 9.2 - how do I...

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2005, 06:50 PM
krazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

command + option + shift + delete is the other key combination that usually works when holding down c doesn't.
Old 12 October 2005, 07:24 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Try holding down the option/alt key when you boot the machine, you might see a boot loader screen which displays the items you can boot from, select the item you want and click the left pointing arrow icon.

Command key = picture of Apple or Cloverleaf like symbol
Option/Alt key = picture of, umm, well, looks a bit like a set of railway points but with only one track, if that makes any sense.

Layout of extended keyboard is usually (bottom line from left to right):
control key, option key, command key, space bar, command key, option key, control key.

If all of that lot does not work then it sounds as though the CD you have isn't bootable, or the little darling of a machine does not want to boot from it. If you have another OS cd then try that.

If you do get it to boot from an OS X CD you do not need to reinstall the OS, unless you really want to that is. There is a 'reset password' option availble from the menus on the first install screen, so you can reset the password of the user (it'll show you the user name too) and then login as that user, and/or create a new account, etc.

If you need more info, drop me an email
Old 12 October 2005, 07:26 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Did you put in a new hard drive, as you mentioned in your other thread that it didn't have one? That could be the problem, as I don't think it will boot from disc without one.