Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PC World Refunds

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2005, 03:51 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC World Refunds

Are they straightforward...

bought an ADSL Router yesterday...

...found the same router on the PC World website for £40 cheaper - as a collect@store item which is in stock at the store I went to, grrrr.

I want to get a refund on the instore price and a buy it from the web...

...or if I moan will they just give me the difference back?

Rannoch
Old 15 September 2005, 04:02 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

So tell them you went to the store and collected it but didn't get the collect@store discount?
Old 15 September 2005, 04:02 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by Rannoch

...found the same router on the PC World website for £40 cheaper - as a collect@store item which is in stock at the store I went to, grrrr.

Rannoch
Just take it back with your receipt and tell them it doesn't work and you want your money back.
Old 15 September 2005, 09:38 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Just take it back with your receipt and tell them it doesn't work and you want your money back.
So then a perfectly good item is scrapped, if you wanna do it like that fair enough. I know it's "only" pcworld, tu what if they test it and it works? You are now a liar and they won't take it back whatever you say.

Best thing is check what their returns policy is, I bet they have a 14 day money back guarentee or something.

I used to work in retail and had stereos, ps2s, everything bought back, no receipt saying they didn't work. Now I know if they were faulty and no reciept I'd have still had to do it BUT 9 times out of 10 I tested the items infront of the customer (asking what was wrong before hand so they can't change their story!) and they were fine, not a lot they can say to that.
Old 15 September 2005, 10:10 PM
@-LeWi-77
Scooby Regular

Location: can anyone lend me £29,995 for a 06 Impreza WRX STI Spec C Type RA Limited Edition?? PM if possible!

As i run a PC World store - if you go back in and speak to the assistant manager and explain it is cheaper on the net as a collect @ store he should be able to refund you and then jump on the net and order it for you via collect @ store as this is just a reservation and then re-sell it to you £40 cheaper - thats what i do
Hope this helps
Which store are you going too?
LeWi-77
ps - dont moan!! be nice and get what YOU want

Originally Posted by Rannoch

Rannoch
Old 16 September 2005, 08:54 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Mention something slightly technical as the fault and the assistant will look dumbfounded and ask if you have rebooted the machine. Upon saying Yes a refund will be provided. The only use for PCWorld is testing/emergency supplies and the very occasional special offer.
Old 16 September 2005, 10:23 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I disagree I bought a new computer from PC World a few weeks ago, paid £849 as I upgraded to the 19" TFT.

Went in to the same store 2 days later and it was £100 cheaper. Spoke to someone in the store, advised that I wasn't too happy about the drop and they refunded me £100.

Excellent specced pc and pretty good value I think. Also the guy seemed to know what he was talking about.

I was pleasantly surprised