Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

EMAIL HELP PLEASE !?

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2005, 11:16 AM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EMAIL HELP PLEASE !?

I am using outlook express & this morning it wont let me send attachments when its been working fine before !

I can send emails fine as long as they dont have attachments !

Anyone know how I can sort this please ?

Cheers

Paul
Old 09 September 2005, 11:21 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul,

How big is the attachment? - Could it be too big or is it just taking a bit too long?
What is the attachment extension i.e what file type is it? - Is it being blocked by your fiewall?

Rich
Old 25 October 2005, 04:18 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Rich

it doesnt seem to be attachment related
After deleting all my accounts & Setting up a new identity it all worked fine for a while
& NOW I CANT SEND EMAILS AGAIN ! (or atleast I can but they stay in my outbox & send time & time again without moving to my sent items)

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

Thanks

Paul
Old 25 October 2005, 05:40 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I've had massive problems with sending emails over the last week and a half. For years the setup I have has worked without issue. Then all of a sudden I had problems sending emails. Large emails will never send, some smaller ones will go.

Are you by any chance with BT Yahoo email? Cos if you are their SMTP servers are fooked...although they will not admit it. I'm having to route my mails through someone else's servers to get anywhere

To get help, you will need to provide more technical info.

Have you checked, and treble checked all of your email settings? I know you say that they have worked before, and you have not altered them. That does not mean that they should continue to work though!! Sometimes, your email account is upgraded for security, and it may now secure SPA, outgoing SMTP authentication, or SSL encrpytion. Check all of your settings with your mail provider.

Who is your ISP? (ie who do you pay to get your internet access)
Who provides your email?
What is your operating system?
How do you connect to the web - dial up/ broadband/cable
Are you getting any error messages?
If you are, what are they
If not, leave the machine to send the mails longer....if there is a problem normally it will eventually tell you about it

Have you recently installed/upgraded or reconfigured a firewall, anti virus scanner, an adware scanner, traffic monitoring software and admuncher? Basically have you installed anything that monitors stuff that flows into or out of your machine?

Have you tried setting up your email account in a different piece of software?
If not, can you use a different machine using different software to try and send mail to your account. This step is very helpful in making sure that the problem does not relate to your machine.

Sorry for the long post, but like I say, I've had major hassle with email over the last week. The things listed above are only some of the things I have tried
Old 25 October 2005, 06:09 PM
Fulham71
Scooby Regular

Think its time for me to get a professional now !
I have tried everything without success !
Old 25 October 2005, 06:15 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Your welcome to answer the question I asked. If you do, you have some chance of me or someone else being able to help.

I'm afraid that I can do nothing without more info (and effort) from you