Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone use Mambo content management?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2005, 09:56 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use Mambo content management?

Need some help!

Cheers

Gary
Old 10 August 2005, 06:12 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Tried the forums? I'm just about to get started with Mambo so I can't really offer much help myself, but curiosity leads me to ask... what are you stuck with?

Alex
Old 10 August 2005, 10:16 PM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Now that's a weird one, I was only evaluating this one yesterday for a client. Looks good but I fear it might end up like OSCommerce - IE really powerful but an absolute dog to build/customise/manage.

From the forums it looks good and some of the customised sites using it look of decent standard. I think I will end up giving it a go.
Old 12 August 2005, 12:28 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Yup - relatively easy to get into but not very scaleable.
Difficult to customise.
Old 12 August 2005, 10:56 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yes been trawling alot of mambo content and yes it is a good tool but there is abit of a learning curve as some things are a little quirky IMHO. Anyway if you know the structure of mambo you basically buld pages using 'sections' and these sections can have one or more 'categories' and each category can have one or more items. Now on this page http://www.get-voip.co.uk/mambo/inde...id=5&Itemid=28
If you click the link 'CDR Data conversion' which is a category it then displays a 'CDR Data conversion' 'item' but to read it you have to click another link when all I want all the text in the item displayed.

BTW I have found out that one of our customers employs a guy who is a mambo templates designer and is on the team that develops the product so I am having a couple of hours of his time in a few weeks to try and understand it and then perhaps be able to pass on my wisdom!

Cheers

Gary
Old 19 August 2005, 09:06 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

On a somewhat related note, the development team have decided to form their own software foundation, OpenSourceMatters to continue the development of the existing codebase under a new name following some major disagreements with the Mambo Foundation/Miro. It seems like development will restart shortly.