Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

pci.sys

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2005, 11:29 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pci.sys

any thoughts as to why randomly & quite often on different laptops i would get XP to bluescreen with a pci.sys error?
Old 28 June 2005, 02:34 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
any thoughts as to why randomly & quite often on different laptops i would get XP to bluescreen with a pci.sys error?

Have you installed the latest Service pack? Installed newer inf drivers?

When you say on different laptops? Are these the same make and model? If so, windows may need patching, as it maybe a Microsoft XP issue with a certain brand of motherboard in that laptop.
Old 28 June 2005, 04:07 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

All the same type of laptop. A full company installation is done, SPs, patches & software. A RIS image file is taken from that laptop which is used to load onto other laptops.

Its just after while weeks/month they screw up with this error, which in most cases than not, means its fairly terminal
Old 28 June 2005, 08:52 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
All the same type of laptop. A full company installation is done, SPs, patches & software. A RIS image file is taken from that laptop which is used to load onto other laptops.

Its just after while weeks/month they screw up with this error, which in most cases than not, means its fairly terminal
Have you tried looking up this issue with the MS knowledgebase? Sounds suspiciously like an issue with Win XP and RIS images, and/or possibly something to do with a MS update. I take the laptops have regular Windows updates performed?