Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook 2003 problems

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2005, 05:12 PM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlook 2003 problems

Wondering if anyone maybe knows how to solve this problem.

Got Outlook 2003 which i use to handle my POP3 e-mail accounts, and running as part of the McAfee Virus Centre is Spamkiller.

The problem is I have been getting a lot of junk e-mail, but if I right click on the offending e-mail and then select add sender to blocked senders list, future e-mails from the same sender just end up in my inbox and not in the junk folder. If I click to download my mails, the mails go into the Junk folder, but it seems the rules I have for placing my e-mails in separate folders then take them out of the junk folder and put them in my various inbox folders.

It is driving me mad, and Spamkiller seems to be randomly blocking e-mails too, which is annoying.

Anyone know how to solve this, or recomend any strategies for a spam free inbox, for POP3 e-mail from a number of domains.

cheers

Stu
Old 23 June 2005, 08:28 AM
User 1421
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by frisby
Wondering if anyone maybe knows how to solve this problem.

Got Outlook 2003 which i use to handle my POP3 e-mail accounts, and running as part of the McAfee Virus Centre is Spamkiller.

The problem is I have been getting a lot of junk e-mail, but if I right click on the offending e-mail and then select add sender to blocked senders list, future e-mails from the same sender just end up in my inbox and not in the junk folder. If I click to download my mails, the mails go into the Junk folder, but it seems the rules I have for placing my e-mails in separate folders then take them out of the junk folder and put them in my various inbox folders.

It is driving me mad, and Spamkiller seems to be randomly blocking e-mails too, which is annoying.

Anyone know how to solve this, or recomend any strategies for a spam free inbox, for POP3 e-mail from a number of domains.

cheers

Stu

IIRC in the McAfee suite thingy there is an option for "update addresses" or words to that effect , click that , and pray.

It worked for a client of mine ...
Old 23 June 2005, 08:35 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

What isp are you with, they usually have some good spam filter software at the server end anyway to stop you having to block this stuff.
Try running without the spamkiller first, see what happens then to the offending emails.
chris.
Old 23 June 2005, 11:25 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

The McAfee spamkiller is almost completely useless, (I gave up on it long ago). I use spamnet now, (recently renamed to cloudmark safetybar) and have found it catches 99% of all spam mails, has never incorrectly identified something as spam when it wasn't, and works flawlessly with outlook 2003. It's subscription based, but it's not expensive and it works...

http://www.cloudmark.com/products/safetybar/

Cheers,
Iain