Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Microsoft Updates

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2005, 11:25 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microsoft Updates

Is there anyway of removing Microsoft Updates that have been downloaded without me knowing as i would rather do that than use restore as i have things i want to put onto disk but the update has made it impossible to burn .

I have had this problem before so i know its the updates that are causing me to fail while burning please can somebody tell me how to remove updates from my PC ?

Pongo555
Old 21 June 2005, 12:13 AM
Looking 2 Buy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What software are you using to burn with? It may just be a simple case of updating your burning program rather than removing updates, Updates are released for a reason, usually security fixes stop them damn crackers getting in your machine. However if you wish to remove the updates they should be in add\remove programs in the control panel.
Also turn off automatic updates from system in control panel and then the automatic updates tab(thats for a machine running XP with Service Pack 2)