Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Samsung Colour Printer - trick needed..

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 05:49 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Samsung Colour Printer - trick needed..

I've had one of above model CPL 500 for a couple of months now. Today I had Waste Toner Tank full message. So I slid off plastic collection tank behind panel on front of machine, emptied into bag and slipped now empty tank back onto machine. Printer refuses to work and Samsung tell me I need new plastic tank at £14.99 plus post or courier cost. This seems an effing rip-off
My addled brain can't work out how the machine would know the difference between a brand new empty tank and the one I have emptied???? There must be a sensor or something like that and I hope somebody here has an idea of how I can fool the printer into accepting the empty used one and save the cost of a "new" tank? There is nothing obvious that I can see. HELP PLEASE. David
Old 07 June 2005, 11:24 PM
rich101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
There is nothing obvious that I can see. HELP PLEASE. David

I did the same as you suggested and simply reset or powered off the unit and it was fine. Can't remember exactly but I did not need another tank.

I now have another problem though which is a grey smudging/dust all over the page as they print. That said it occurred after using a black refil toner but I have yet to buy a new toner cart to check.

rich
Old 08 June 2005, 06:49 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thanks Rich - but that makes me even more frustrated! Was it the same model? What do you mean reset? I've had power off all night but this morning same damn message appeared. Sorry about the smudging - can't help there. David
Old 08 June 2005, 10:21 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

We had a colour printer at work that did the same.

All I did was empty out the waste toner tank, then washed out any traces of toner, let it dry and put it in... bingo!

On this printer, it sends out a beam of light out to check if it was full. When you empty it, the light does not pass through it, hence the idea to wash it out.

Give it a go, what have you got to lose?
Old 08 June 2005, 02:33 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thanks Andy - I'm going to try that and will let you know. I wondered about that but there is no obvious sensor but I suppose they would hide it wouldn't they! David
Old 08 June 2005, 05:00 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Reporting back. Yes that's seems to be the trick so thanks a million. Odd thing is that when I opened the new toner collector there were fitting instructions which included the instruction to open and close another side panel on the machine (nothing to do with the panel that accessed the waste toner box). May be this reset something?
Anyway Samsung's fecking Help Desk can go and screw themselves ("sorry Sir, we don't know any solution to avoid buying a new box"). Thanks again nice SN peeps. David