Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Is my iPod sh@gged?

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2005, 12:28 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Is my iPod sh@gged?

Was adding some music to my iPod (40GB Photo) last night and ejected it from iTunes as normal. Then found it hadn't actually changed anything on the list of albums.

So, did it again and ejected it only to see it reset itself. Apple logo appears for a second (dimly lit), then it gets bright and then switches itself off. Then it restarts and repeats the above constantly. Left it sitting overnight and it had finally switched itself off this morning. Tried switching it on and it started looping again, so just left it.

Any suggestions before I send it back to Apple?

Can't believe it, off on holiday on Friday for a whole month and the little ******* starts misbehaving. Apple quality my @rse

Stefan
Old 23 May 2005, 12:42 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunatly Ozzy, I had the same problem with the apple screen. Have you tried a complete reset of the thing,ie the special sequence that escapes me at the mo ? In the end I had to send mine back to apple.
Old 23 May 2005, 06:10 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Yeah tried the reset sequence. It doesn't sound healthy at all - as if the hard disk has failed. @rse

I'm going all the way to feckin Alaska with no tunes
Old 24 May 2005, 08:17 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Tried a Software Restore? Failing that if you go to iPod Lounge and have a look in the troubleshooting area you'll find the sequence to enter diagnostic mode which will allow you to run a disk scan. If yours is a photo, here's the page you need.
Old 24 May 2005, 08:33 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I sent an ipod back to apple, and got a replacement back within 2 days of posting mine. You do have to wait for them to send you the initial returns box via courier though.
Old 24 May 2005, 02:58 PM
furrydice79
Scooby Regular

throw it in the bin and buy an archos,, look at yer photos, watch movies AND listen to music, oh and did i mention they do 100gb models..
Old 24 May 2005, 04:26 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

furrydice79,

If it hadn't been a Xmas prezzie I'd be sorely tempted to do just that.

I can't do a software reset because the thing won't switch on long enough for anything to recognise it i.e. the resetting only takes 2-3 secs before it loops again. Only thing stopping it is the battery life draining away.

It's in the hands of my Brother (works for an Apple reseller) so we'll see how long it takes to get back.

Stefan