Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Need scoobynetters help with an act of help in the community

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2005, 11:20 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need scoobynetters help with an act of help in the community

Hi all,

As some of you may know my gf works with mentally and physically disabled teens and adults in a council run centre. Unfortunatly the money that had been fund raised and set aside for computers had to be used to replace the poly tunnel that some thieves stole a while back , so that the more able bodied ones can carry on enjoying growing produce to sell to the local community.

Now the real kicker is that they have an basic IT room all setup (read tables and chairs) but no computers.

I have volunteered my time free of charge to help them set up a system as best I can with donated parts (I have got a few P2 400Mhz 64MB/cd rom machines and a couple of printers so far) but if anyone is willing to donate any better hardware or software it would be appreciated (kids educational games especially).

It really would help as these kids dont really get that much and it would be going to a worthy cause and making them smile a bit more. And if anyone has old early laptops they want rid of, that would be ideal for the immobile clients to play on (the educational games they play are low spec)

Im due to go in on next wednesday to start fixing it all up so any donations gratefully recieved.

I know you guys will try and help.

Cheers

Stuey

Last edited by Stueyb; 23 May 2005 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Not doing it this wednesday but next wednesday
Old 23 May 2005, 11:56 AM
ianc
Scooby Regular

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

May be able to get some old kit, maybe some time also....

Ian
Old 23 May 2005, 12:01 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Im in Ellesmere Port, in the northwest. Any help is appreicated. I can perhaps help with postage costs too if its expensive.