Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Home Network

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2005, 10:58 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Home Network

just finished all the first fixing for my home network (yes, i know wireless is available all over the place these days but not for what this has cost me ) and once the cabinet is on the wall and i've fitted the patch panels, i will be looking for a shedload of modules to include RJ45 sockets, telecom master (1no.) and telecom slave sockets, TV aerial socket and the double sized module which has satellite input, TV aerial input and then TV output on it. i know these are available all over the place, but does anyone have any recommendations for who i buy them from?

also, i know you can buy a "telephone socket double" sized plugs which have speaker cable sockets on them (and a RJ45 plug), together with a distribution panel/amp which you mount in the cabinet (ie to send audio round the house using the cat5e cable). does anyone know where i can source one of these systems? have seen them for about £90 i think somewhere, but i have a bad memory and can't remember where!
Old 16 May 2005, 11:34 AM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

Hi Richard,

I sell all this stuff, drop me a mail with your requirements and I'll point you in the right direction.

Cheers
Andy
Old 16 May 2005, 12:55 PM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

Here is the stuff we supply http://www.homenetworksciences.com/start02.htm
If you want a small cab to go in the loft I have a couple sitting outside my office. They've been used but would clean up ok. If you want them, and can collect, your welcome to them.
Old 16 May 2005, 02:37 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

thanks andy - all looks very interesting and just what i had in mind. i work for a (property) developer building approx. 25-50 units a year and at the moment we install a network in each one. leftover cabling has been used for my house as i was in the middle of an extension anyway and i have just sourced a (6u?) cab from a former colleague. thanks for the offer though - i assume you know what these are selling for on ebay by the way.
i will sort out a list of what i'm after over the next week or so and let you know. a number of our purchasers have also aksed over the last 3 or 4 years where they can buy the toys which will work on their system - i had referred them to the company we first used (these days we just explain to the electrician how it needs to work and they wire it all up rather than going to a company who do everything as they tend to over-complicate the description of the system which confuses purchasers). Next time someone asks for the audion equipment i'll pass the above link on!
will get back to you soon (i hadn't expected my query to be answered to quickly)
Old 16 May 2005, 05:38 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

do you have any more info on the audio system? or somewhere i can see it in place? also price and lead time would be helpful - i'd like to fit it into a show apartment to demonstrate capabilities of the system, but just need to check we have cabling in the right locations (we don't wire for seperate speaker positions, only to rj45 modules in the walls)