Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

YAHOO Email attack!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2005, 05:42 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAHOO Email attack!!

For two days now i've had about a dozen or so emails to my yahoo account. These emails claim to be replies to emails i have sent asking for my account details for various sites and emails saying my outgoing emails have been stopped!

Thing is i haven't sent any and havent asked for any account details!

Ran a couple through my anti-virus and they are teeming with viruses!!! It would seem there has been a cocerted effort to infect my PC through my email account! Anyone else on here noticed any dodgy emails recently? I'm used to them from my Ebay usage asking for my personal details etc even though the email originates in Romania but never had these type before? Any ideas?
Old 04 May 2005, 06:29 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a lot you can do about it, it's either spam or replies to a spam that forged your email address as the sender.

I set up a unique email address (not Yahoo) for every website I correspond with, if one of them leaks my address or spams it themselves then I redirect it to either a blackhole or to the webmaster address at the site that leaked my personal information.