Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DVB-T & MCE

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2005, 05:21 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DVB-T & MCE

Does anyone here have a DVB-T card in their pc?

And do any come with H/W MPEG encoders or are they not needed due to the transmissions being compressed??

Also can they recieve ch1 -5??

Thinking about getting a couple of cards, was looking at pvr500 but fancy dvb-t now..

David
Old 16 April 2005, 09:35 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
Does anyone here have a DVB-T card in their pc?

And do any come with H/W MPEG encoders or are they not needed due to the transmissions being compressed??

Also can they recieve ch1 -5??

Thinking about getting a couple of cards, was looking at pvr500 but fancy dvb-t now..

David
The DVB-T cards I've seen for MCE just dump the raw MPEG2 TS to disk and are equipped with tuners for the DTV frequencies only. If you want to encode MPEG2 from an analogue source, try the Hauppage WinTV range for MCE. They come with an analogue tuner and a hardware MPEG2 codec for external sources and DVD playback.

Alex
Old 16 April 2005, 11:22 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?

Cheers,

What I want to do is be able to record 'most' of the channels I have, however I get the impresssion that I cant fit something like the PVR150 and an DVB-T card as they both need to be able to recieve the same channels??

Which rules out the NTL box channels..

Unless I can find a DVB-T card that supports the analog terestrial signals and is available at sensible money. And then when I do, I need it to have a H/W encoder for the non DVB-T channels...

Argh..

Spending money just to have a play with an 'Idea' makes me want to spend once - so need to choose carefully!

David
Old 16 April 2005, 12:07 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
What I want to do is be able to record 'most' of the channels I have, however I get the impresssion that I cant fit something like the PVR150 and an DVB-T card as they both need to be able to recieve the same channels??
It's an awkward situation at the minute. As you say, if you use two capture cards/tuners, MCE requires both STB's/tuners to be capable of receiving identical packages due to the way its Programme Guide schedules recordings.

There is an update for the US release of MCE to enable the use of an OTA DTV card but I think it's limited to ATSC HDTV tuners only.
Old 17 April 2005, 12:53 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Cheers...

Ive seen cards that seem to support DVB-T and Analog, but they dont have a H/W Mpeg encoder..

I wonder if there are any hacks / planned updates to support cards with different channel line ups?

David