Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Firewire video camera to DVD???

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2005, 03:06 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firewire video camera to DVD???

I want to transfer video footage from a Fire wire enabled digital video camera to a PC then burn it to DVD which will be viewable on domestic DVD players...

Now the video camera came with a pc package, and this computer contains a Firewire capture card, and is running MGI video wave, this will capture the video to computer really easily, but will not save into a format that Nero will burn to DVD??? The video will playback full screen in MGI, but will not play in any other viewer on the machine (Realplayer, window media player or as an insert in a powerpoint)

I can save the files onto CD and they will play on the machine in my office, but will not play in a dvd player and I will not get the lengthrequired onto a single CD. I fitted my office machine with a firewire card, this came with ulead videostudio8 but capture and playback is really stuttered... and so unusable...

Is there any FREE downloadable video capture programs that are going to process full screen video to DVD????
Old 05 April 2005, 07:15 PM
micaAB
Scooby Regular

www.videohelp.com gave me all the info i needed.

and some links for the encoding software
Old 06 April 2005, 12:57 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Captuered video should but an AVI file, which any media software should be able to play. Is MGI using a proriatory codec? You will need to encode the avi into a DVD compliant format (mpg2) Adjusting the bitrate/quality will help in reducing the ultimate file size. Are you looking to create a miniDVD (DVD files on a CD)? Some players won't recognise these. Only DVD on a DVD-r or DVD+r.