Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Quick I Tunes sorting Q

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2005, 11:53 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick I Tunes sorting Q

I have music in a folder marked 'Retro'; inside this is a folder called '70's'; inside this is folder that may be called 'Best of Bay City Rollers' (for arguments sake only!). However as the track names arent on each track when I import this into I Tunes I just end up with 'unknown' on every field and incremental track numbers.

Any way I can preserve at least the album folder (I then know what the music is!) Too many instances of this happening to make manual corrections

Cheers D
Old 28 March 2005, 12:01 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Tricky one...especially as my i-Tunes is at work and I'm at home Have you tried to select all of the BCR (!) tracks and then edit the info once to provide the album name. I'm not entirely sure this is gonna work but I have edited more than one track's info at a time.
Old 28 March 2005, 05:12 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Good suggestion mate but I have about 40 track 7's etc all grouped under 'unknown' 'unknown' 'unknown'. One of the 40 is a BCR album track - but which one... I think the only way to do it is on the source file BEFORE import to I Tunes as these are all tracks that do not have ID3 tags Unless you know different!
Old 28 March 2005, 07:13 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it's going to be a fully manual exercise Don't suppose there are any tagging tools around to help out peeps like us who inherit non-tagged files? I've come across this whilst exchanging "backup" files and I know how frustrating it can be.
Old 28 March 2005, 07:36 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

You could have a look here. It lists some MP3 ID tag tools that might allow you to add ID3 tags to the files and then when you import them into iTunes, it should preserve that info.
Old 28 March 2005, 09:40 PM
drjsd
Scooby Regular

Look at www.id3man.com - it will recognise all your unamed songs apparently. Seem to recall I used a trial version a few years ago which worked quite well. After your first few free IDs, you need to pay though.