Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Pissing netgear MA401 drivers :(

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2005, 11:01 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Pissing netgear MA401 drivers :(

Hi all,

Has anyone PLEASE got a copy of the netgear MA401 drivers version 2 or better please? I'm trying to configure a laptop for someone, and can't get the ******* thing to connect to my LAN. I have encription enabled on the wireless access point, and it says something about having drivers better than version 2.

Thanks Phill
Old 26 February 2005, 11:50 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by babber
Hi all,

Has anyone PLEASE got a copy of the netgear MA401 drivers version 2 or better please? I'm trying to configure a laptop for someone, and can't get the ******* thing to connect to my LAN. I have encription enabled on the wireless access point, and it says something about having drivers better than version 2.

Thanks Phill
Got drivers version 2.6, but there is no tab to get the encription up. WTF ??

Phill
Old 26 February 2005, 12:44 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Phill, I have the version 2 drivers and there is definitely an encryption option available.

Do you want me to email you them? PM me your email if you do.

By the way, this comment is in the release notes on the disk.

Known issue in Windows 98 and Windows Me
----------------------------------------
The configuration and Encryption tabs may not be shown in the MA401 Wireless PC Card Properties.
Solution: Use the MA401's Configuration utility to utilize these two functions (icon in the system tray)

Last edited by Hanslow; 26 February 2005 at 12:49 PM.
Old 26 February 2005, 12:48 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I have the latest drivers (well, supposedly). I can mail them to you if you wish. Let me know.

Steve.
Old 26 February 2005, 12:58 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

On XP, if you right click on your Network Neighbourhood (or whatever it's called), then select Properties. Then select the properties of your wireless connection. Select the Wireless Networks tab, highlight the available wireless network in the Preferred Networks box and select Properties under that. That should get you to the WEP configuration bit.
Old 26 February 2005, 04:15 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Hanslow

Known issue in Windows 98 and Windows Me
----------------------------------------
The configuration and Encryption tabs may not be shown in the MA401 Wireless PC Card Properties.
Solution: Use the MA401's Configuration utility to utilize these two functions (icon in the system tray)
This is the problem I got.... No configuration and Encryption tab so can't put the bloody access keys in FFS.

I downloaded the latest (Ver 2.6) and even loaded that....Still the bloody same

Phill
Old 26 February 2005, 04:17 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Hanslow
On XP, if you right click on your Network Neighbourhood (or whatever it's called), then select Properties. Then select the properties of your wireless connection. Select the Wireless Networks tab, highlight the available wireless network in the Preferred Networks box and select Properties under that. That should get you to the WEP configuration bit.
Tryed that, and no preferred network to connect to, even if I do a refresh. Bollox!!!

Phill

Trending Topics

Old 26 February 2005, 04:31 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Are you on XP then? Have you turned the XP firewall off whilst you are trying to connect (and/or any other firewalls you may have configured)? I would recommend turning the firewalls off first to see if you can get a basic connection, then, once connected, start enabling the firewalls and allowing access to the laptop.

Not sure if it's relevant at this point, but make sure the computers are all in the same workgroup so they can see each other.

If you click on the view wireless networks, can you see one at all? Sounds like you won't be able to, which could be a firewall issue somewhere.

Last edited by Hanslow; 26 February 2005 at 04:33 PM.