Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

USB problem

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2005, 09:42 AM
scoobymoo
Scooby Regular

Location: was the drivers seat of Richard Burns's P1 now in a boxster S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB problem

For some reason my pc seems to think I have 6 unknown devices connected to one of my USB root hubs and I can't seem to tell it there is nothing connected to that hub, if I remove them windows just redetects thems. Also when I plug something in to any of my USB ports it does not autodetect them anymore, occasionally it will but nine times out of ten ignores it. I have a wireless mouse/keyboard receiver plugged in one and that works fine, there is nothing else connected. I had a virus a few weeks ago which I got rid off by rolling back windows, it was a really clever one as it created its own account on mcafee antivirus so I could not get rid of it with mcafee and it altered all my internet explorer toolbars. Could it have left these phantom devices as a backdoor into my computer? Any thoughts as I need to update my Tom Tom speed camera database and can't get my pocket pc to connect to the main pc anymore
Old 23 February 2005, 09:53 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe try disconnecting the root hub itself and reinstalling it? Just a thought.