Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

email prob

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2005, 11:36 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question email prob

Hi

I am having probs with my BTopenworld mail through OE 6.
I am recieving mail no problem however when I try to reply I am getting the following error

The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'paul.grant999@btopenworld.com'. Subject 'Re: I know you will be sat at your PC so....', Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '530 authentication required - for help go to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-11.html', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 530, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

I seem to have 2 mail accounts
a btopenworld.com and a btinternet.com (broadband specific I think)
When I click the "create" button on OE it shows up the "from" addy as *** @btinternet.com
Is it the case that BT is not recognising my btopenworld.com address on the way out but allows traffic in ?
I am confused .... not that it takes much granted
Old 15 February 2005, 12:19 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go into the Accounts setup in OE. Go to the properties of your mail account. Goto the servers tab and under Outgoing see if the "My Server Requires Authentication" is checked.

If you have multiple mail servers, check if you are using the same SMTP server. It may be that BT want you to provide your POP3 login details in order to send via their SMTP servers.

Stefan
Old 15 February 2005, 01:15 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

peice of **** that

Thanks Stefan !

Cheers

Paul