Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Keyboard Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2005, 07:27 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyboard Problem

After discovering my 2 yr old little girl using my keyboard as a drum kit, I've had a few problems as she mustve accidentally altered some settings. First of all my mouse scroll wheel wouldn't work in any applications. So I downloaded and installed a new driver for it which fixed it. However I then discovered that some of my keys have lost functionality. I now cannot use the windows key or control key : I used to be able to select multiple icons by holding down CTRL, and also use it for shortcuts like ctrl+c and ctrl+v for copy/paste. Even more annoyingly the key can't be used in games either ! I've been through all the settings in control panel but can't find a way round it. Does anyone have any ideas ?
Old 08 January 2005, 08:04 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most likely answer is the simple one: she's broken the contacts for those keys. Have you got another keyboard you can test with?

As for the scroll wheel, go into the mouse properties and see what it is set as. Are you using the default M$ drivers or manufacturer ones?

M