Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone recently got Wanadoo broadband - what's the usb pack have?

Search this Thread

Old 04 January 2005, 04:25 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone recently got Wanadoo broadband - what's the usb pack have?

Thinking of getting bb for my pc (currently on wanadoo dial up) and like the look of the 1mb for £18 a month with free connection. Thing is, I wanna hook up my PS2 and would rather do without plugging/unplugging things all the time. Soooo, what does the usb connection pack contain? Is is basically a router with various ports? Certainly don't want to pay £80 for a wireless kit which their website seems to *imply* that I need to use the PS2. PS2 network adapter I can get for £20 (sound right?).
Old 04 January 2005, 08:18 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

USB modem -> PC <- PS2

PC would act as a router, you'd need an Ethernet card for your PC and the PS2 would only be able to go online when the PC was switched on.

You're better off with a combined ADSL router/4 port Ethernet switch, something like a Netgear DG834 (other routers are available )

http://www.adslguide.org.uk

Wanadoo 1Mb £18 is capped at 1Gb per month which isn't a lot considering the actual speed of the actual connection.
Old 04 January 2005, 09:30 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Cheers, will check out the router thingy. It's just that it cost the same to start up (free) with wanadoo regardless of whether you opt for the usb pack or not so may as well get it anyway.

Capped at 2GB btw Only £3 more pm than the dial up I'm running so may as well. Personally don't download much so will see how it goes. Can download pretty much anything at work regardless. Only concern is how much, if any, of the 2GB will be used up by gaming.