Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PS2 - Screen Grabs - How?

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2005, 09:45 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS2 - Screen Grabs - How?

Evening!

As per the title, I'm trying to get some screen grabs of GT4 on the PS2 to upload and I have no idea how to go about it. Is it a case of getting a cable from the PS2 to an input on my PC and setting the PC to "Record" somehow?

There are thosands of Websites (IGN.com etc) that seem to manage to do this - why can't I?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Old 03 January 2005, 10:43 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad_dr
Evening!

As per the title, I'm trying to get some screen grabs of GT4 on the PS2 to upload and I have no idea how to go about it. Is it a case of getting a cable from the PS2 to an input on my PC and setting the PC to "Record" somehow?

There are thosands of Websites (IGN.com etc) that seem to manage to do this - why can't I?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Sorry no idea, but if you weren't bothered about them being perfect screens couldn't you just use a digital camera
Old 04 January 2005, 08:13 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I just use a TV-In card for my consoles, then you can capture stills or video via the software. You can pick one up for around £35.
Old 04 January 2005, 09:08 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cheddar bob
Sorry no idea, but if you weren't bothered about them being perfect screens couldn't you just use a digital camera
They do need to be pretty good quality unfortunately. I tried using my digital camera, but because it's a fairly good one, it picked out each individual pixel in perfect focus and so it broke up the picture into dots and lines. I then had to use a Gaussian blur to fix it and then lost most of the detail. I expect I could play around with moving far away from the screen and zooming in, but I'm trying to get as good a shot as I can and think that it's still going to be too limiting.

Thanks for the tip Dunk - I've got a TV card in my new PC so I'll have a play with that! Isn't it just typical that my TV and PS2 are in one room and my PC is in another!
Old 04 January 2005, 10:07 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by mad_dr
They do need to be pretty good quality unfortunately. I tried using my digital camera, but because it's a fairly good one, it picked out each individual pixel in perfect focus and so it broke up the picture into dots and lines. I then had to use a Gaussian blur to fix it and then lost most of the detail. I expect I could play around with moving far away from the screen and zooming in, but I'm trying to get as good a shot as I can and think that it's still going to be too limiting.

Thanks for the tip Dunk - I've got a TV card in my new PC so I'll have a play with that! Isn't it just typical that my TV and PS2 are in one room and my PC is in another!
Mine are in separate rooms too, have to cart the PS2 upstairs to the PC to get any stills The Xbox on the other hand is much easier as it can be set up to capture stills with a joypad keypress combo