Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dell direct

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2004, 04:21 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dell direct

I've just gotten off of the phone with Dell Sales ordering a new system for our offices, and I cannot believe how pushy / hard sales the assistant was!

He asked me 9 times in total if I wanted the extended warranty (when I told him from the start that I didnt!) and 3 times if I wanted to upgrade the memory, followed at the end by asking me why I didnt want the warranty and again asking me if I would consider it if it were discounted!

I knew exactly what I wanted when I called up and stuck to my guns, but if, for example, my sister/mother/father had called them up to buy a computer she would have ended up spending twice as much

This sort of pushy hard sales technique is enough to make me look elsewhere in future

Anyone else experienced this with Dell or another PC supplier?

Neil
Old 29 November 2004, 04:29 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Looking at Dells prices, I would imagine their profit margin is in the extended warranty and £50 delivery charges.

Er, I never accept the extended warranty - and generally order from them when they're doing 'free delivery'

Matt
Old 29 November 2004, 04:44 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

yes, I have no doubts about that now. I've always ordered previous Dell systems across the web and that works fine.

I certainly wont use their tel sales lines again

Neil
Old 29 November 2004, 04:47 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

in my experience if the warranty for a dell part is due then it will fail on that day (hmmm abit of a coincidence i wonder ) & when it does fail on the day it ends, i had real trouble getting them to replace it...warranty starts when WE receive it, not when you get your stock in, dhell