Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Playstation PSP

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2004, 09:15 AM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Playstation PSP

I see that Gameplay now have these to pre-order, looks like a stunning bit of kit, if the current line up of PSP2 games are being ported over

Anyone know when these are out in the USA?

Also - what do you reckon on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...149994062&rd=1

Neil
Old 29 November 2004, 09:40 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

If you go to liksang.com you can pre-order and they will ship as soon as they are available in japan (12th Dec), as for that item on ebay complete con. last line says its a link where you can buy one for £20 FFS!! one of those pyramid scams where everyone sends in £20 so the person at the top receives one for free. dont do it! Cant believe people have bidded upto £102 on it.

Gary
Old 29 November 2004, 09:43 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Just seen this one as well http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...149260927&rd=1 the cheeky b'stard has updated his description to say 'just for clarity this is for a link', hmmm clarity, looks like the whole title and description is completely mis-leading to$$ers like that should be shot ripping off people like that!

Gary
Old 29 November 2004, 09:45 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Japan at the end of the year, and USA sometime before March 2005. Supposedly. As you know, these things change constantly.

Steve.
Old 29 November 2004, 09:55 AM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

yeah, wouldnt buy anything from Ebay, unless the bidder had plenty of positive feedback

I guess the Liksang Jap unit will come with a 110v power supply, so wont work in the UK (unless through a shaver socket?)

Neil
Old 29 November 2004, 10:15 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Most of the my consoles for the last 20 years (God I'm old), have been imported from Japan or America. The 110V isn't a problem, what I'm not sure of is what protection the games may have. It IS irratating to have to get Japanese / American games all the time.

The Gameboy is great as it doesn't have any region protection. If the dollar stays the same, hopefully I can get a cheap(er) one come February.

Steve.
Old 29 November 2004, 10:18 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Taken from www.lik-sang.com

ctober 27, 2004 - Sony Computer Entertainment has today officially confirmed the Japanese release details for the Sony PSP (PlayStation Portable). The system will be released to Japan on December 12, 2004. The base system, model number PSP-1000, will retail for 20,790 yen and will include the system, AC adapter and battery pack. This will convert to a US$ price of around US$ 200 to US$ 230 for the import version, depending on many factors such as currency exchange rate, number of units available at release date and wholesale prices from Sony and official distributors. Good news for import gamers is that the system comes with a multivolt AC adapter, which will work world wide (110V to 240V).

Update: Sony has now also confirmed that the PSP will be Region Free for games. You can play games worldwide from any region! This is some brilliant news for import gamers worldwide!
Old 29 November 2004, 10:35 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
Update: Sony has now also confirmed that the PSP will be Region Free for games. You can play games worldwide from any region! This is some brilliant news for import gamers worldwide!
That's great! One PSP for me then as I wander back and forth every two weeks to America.

Steve.