Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iriver mp3 players.

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2004, 09:04 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iriver mp3 players.

Went to the gym this morning, got out of the car, dropped my iriver mp3 player, kicked it (forward motion and all that) were upon a car drove over it.

Brilliant.

There I was feeling lucky 'cause I won a tenner on wednesdays lottery. Soon got that knocked out of me.

So.

I'm either going for an iriver 1GB solid state player or an iriver 20GB player with hard drive.
The question is, will the iriver with hard drive jump if I use it in the gym? I use it 80% of the time for gym use so if it jumps it's no good. The thing is they solid state player and the hard drive player are both roughly the same price. So if the hard drive player is 'jump free' I obviously will buy it.
On the other hand....

What do you reckon?
Old 20 November 2004, 12:01 AM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Went to the gym this morning, got out of the car, dropped my iriver mp3 player, kicked it (forward motion and all that) were upon a car drove over it.

Brilliant.

There I was feeling lucky 'cause I won a tenner on wednesdays lottery. Soon got that knocked out of me.

So.

I'm either going for an iriver 1GB solid state player or an iriver 20GB player with hard drive.
The question is, will the iriver with hard drive jump if I use it in the gym? I use it 80% of the time for gym use so if it jumps it's no good. The thing is they solid state player and the hard drive player are both roughly the same price. So if the hard drive player is 'jump free' I obviously will buy it.
On the other hand....

What do you reckon?

my missus uses an ipod in the gym, she does running, jumping etc......and has reported no problems back to me, so i would guess that the irriver20gb would be similar.................

cheers
Old 20 November 2004, 10:44 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
my missus uses an ipod in the gym, she does running, jumping etc......and has reported no problems back to me, so i would guess that the irriver20gb would be similar.................

cheers
Can you do me a favour and ask her if it ever jumps? I know it's an ipod so different but it would be a help.
Thanks
Old 20 November 2004, 02:38 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

I've not had my iPod jump and I've tried to make it. FYI the BBC buy loads of iRivers from us and they rate them.

AllanB
Old 21 November 2004, 01:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Philips HDD070 - £118!

If image is important to you, get an iPod (like EVERYONE else) otherwise get the Philips!

Pete
Old 21 November 2004, 08:29 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

After much thought and the fact that the 20gb player has a seperate controller (too much 'messing around in the gym with it' hassles) I've decided to go for the 1GB job.
Awesome player, take a look.
http://www.iriver.com/product/info.a...P-900%20Series