Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Half Life 2 Q's.

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2004, 10:05 AM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half Life 2 Q's.

Hi all,

Played GTA:SA for a few nights, then Halo 2 for a few nights, now HL 2 is here !

I'm off into town shortly, so I'm thinking of buying 'off the shelf' (I'll recover from the price eventually).

But can you order HL2 via the Steam client ? If so, how much is it ?

Plus with HL1, it wasn't so much the actual story led game that floated my boat, it was all the mods etc. Is it worth buying now ? Or leave it a while until we have new mods with the new engine etc (nice.)

Cheers

Matt
Old 18 November 2004, 10:25 AM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

If you're not itching to get it... there have been rather a lot of other good games come out lately.... then wait.

Once the fuss has died down a bit the price will come down a bit and you should be able to register your copy straight away rather than it taking over a day.

Mods won't start to come out for quite a while. I wonder if there will be a Team Fortress Classic 2? This is more my type of game since I've never liked counterstrike (flameproof jacket on)
Old 18 November 2004, 11:43 AM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

Team Fortress Source is already on the list in Steam, I think, for new games so I'm guessing we will get that eventually, although I can't honestly say I remember ever playing it as I'm a Counterstrike nut.

It is expensive to buy it through steam, you will pay around £33 including tax and you can get it cheaper through amazon, £29 including P&P, and get a disk aswell which is what I did.
Old 18 November 2004, 01:02 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I caved into 'retail therapy' - again So I know what I'll be doing when I get in

Apparently I have a wife, haven't seen her this month

Matt