Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

HELP.........SPYWARE JUNK.......!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2004, 06:41 PM
skoosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP.........SPYWARE JUNK.......!!!!

I'm on NTL broadband, have just rebooted pc and re-installed win98 and every time I connect to Internet I got alot of spyware infection popups and general crap instructing me to buy this and buy that......I don't need this crap, can anyone help me get rid of it?

Not pc boff, obviously, but need help.........QUICK.

Thanx.

skoosh.
Old 10 November 2004, 06:45 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoosh
I'm on NTL broadband, have just rebooted pc and re-installed win98 and every time I connect to Internet I got alot of spyware infection popups and general crap instructing me to buy this and buy that......I don't need this crap, can anyone help me get rid of it?

Not pc boff, obviously, but need help.........QUICK.

Thanx.

skoosh.
check out a tool called 'adaware' it will remove all spyware etc... i use Firefox to surf the net, as it has a built in pop-up blocker :-)
Old 10 November 2004, 09:48 PM
andyr
Scooby Regular

See this :
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=377978
I had a similar problem, running cwshredder and hijackthis plus adaware got me sorted along with help from the Tomcoyote forum experts.
Old 10 November 2004, 09:53 PM
smithy1981
Scooby Regular

if you search around on torrents you can get the pro version which sits in the background and stops the spyware getting on your comp b4 it does any harm. Does however block legit pop ups though so needs disabling at times.
Old 11 November 2004, 08:55 AM
damatrix
Scooby Regular

my plan of attack goes..

anit virus, spybot search and destroy, adware se, then spy sweeper.. 9/10 times its sorted

(google those names u will get the progs all free *spy sweeper is a paid one, but u get a trail run that will sort u out